Honeymoon Trail Rides

Honeymoon Trail Rides
My husband and I on a trail ride for our honeymoon month. I am riding my oldest child Too Much Cow (Molly) who I've had since she was in her Mommy's tummy and Bob is riding Shady. A very sweet Appaloosa owned by my adopted auntie Sue.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Exploring with Andre

Andre sitting on a petrified oak

Visiting the Ginko Petrified Forest.

Where we learned how the petrified wood was made in the volcano eruptions.
Who knew the Columbia Basin had 31 different types of trees that were petrified?









Amazing!!!



 




We then decided to hike up to see "Grandfather Let Loose the Ponies" on the Grant County side of the Columbia River. They are wonderful metal sculptures that we've always wanted to hike up to. Whew it is a hike too!!







Mommy only made it up 3/4 of the way before I made the mistake of looking down. But little Andre made it of course with Maggie his BC.




Andre & I in front of the Columbia River

It was a great day with a great kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment