Honeymoon Trail Rides

Honeymoon Trail Rides
My husband and I on a trail ride for our honeymoon month. I am riding my oldest child Too Much Cow (Molly) who I've had since she was in her Mommy's tummy and Bob is riding Shady. A very sweet Appaloosa owned by my adopted auntie Sue.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Rescued Border Collies & their side kick


The boys
Originally uploaded by Sarah Lynn 76
 - Magdalena (far left), Cutacow Xander (center) and my Mom's puppy Sirius (she bred Cutacow Sirius).

Sirius is learning how to be a show dog. He is already an experienced cattle dog taught by his Grammie Scottie; our old cattle dog and Grand Dame of the ranch.

Maggie was given to us by some ladies who found her lost and wandering alone in a field. She loves and takes care of my youngest son very well. She is a bit deaf and very frightened of loud noises.

Cutacow Xander was bred by my mother years ago (he is Sirius's uncle and Grammie Scottie's oldest son) and was sold to a woman who trained and showed him extensively. She did quite well and won several championships with him. She met a man online and the man did not get along at all with Xander. She chose the man over the dog.  They took Xander to the local Humane society and abandoned him saying they had found him along side of the road. My aunt found out that he was taken there and called my Dad. I adopted him from the shelter with the intention of our families fostering him until a new home could be found. He worked his way into our hearts and we decided to keep him. My oldest son showed him 3 months after we rescued him from jail and won our county's 4-H Jr Obedience moving on to the state level where he won his division and placed 2nd overall for the state by half a point. He accidentally gave a double command.

The dog still has his quirks but has become a very loving and wonderful addition to our family.  All three of these dogs are very different in personalities and temperments but love each other very much.  It's a joy to watch them sleep together or play after the scary times Maggie & Xander had before they found their way to our family.  You can tell by their attitudes that they were both once loved very much.  They want to be good and caring dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment