Honeymoon Trail Rides

Honeymoon Trail Rides
My husband and I on a trail ride for our honeymoon month. I am riding my oldest child Too Much Cow (Molly) who I've had since she was in her Mommy's tummy and Bob is riding Shady. A very sweet Appaloosa owned by my adopted auntie Sue.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Learning to Sleep Alone

It's been 4 days since I got on several planes to come home from seeing my husband in Charleston, South Carolina. 14 hrs of flying and 2200 miles do not ease or erase the pain of leaving him again. We've been married for 20 months and I always thought that it would get easier to take each time that I had to come home. It doesn't.

Oh, your busy making your flights and putting up with crabby airport people so you don't really think about it then. Just the sharp stab of goodbye as you get ready to go through security and that wave goodbye with a blown kiss. Then you get home and the little boys and animals are so happy to see you thier hugs and kisses ease the lonlieness to the back of your mind for a while.

It's after you've put everyone to bed, swept up, done any dishes and washed your face that it starts to hit. Turning back the bed you realize how cold and univiting the bed you so carefully decorated looks. But it's already 10:30 so you have to get to bed. There's work tomorrow and you already look haggard from the traveling. So try and watch a show that you recorded while you were gone. Fall asleep for a couple hours and wake up around 1 reaching for your husband. I do this several times each night, after every trip. I really hate it when I wake up saying his name. My grandmother once told me that when you do this the person you called for was thinking about you and missing you. I hope that's true.

So tonight is night 5 and I'll do it all over again. The little boys are going to bed and my sweet husband is 3 times zones away so it's too late to hear his voice once more. I'll say my prayers, look in on the boys and watch some TV for a bit.

Tomorrow will be a new adventure.

1 comment: